Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Conscious thoughts

I often wonder about death 
What is it like? That final breath?
Will it hurt or will it come peacefully?
Will I fight or accept it gracefully? 
Now as I lie here and await sleep 
I savor every breath so sweet and deep.
And as I slowly drift off still I wonder,
With the last of my consciousness I ponder.
Might it come like a gift in the night?
Silent like a thief while my eyes are shut tight?
Will it wrap its icy arms around me?
Rocking me to my final sleep lovingly?
To take away all my pain and sorrow,
Leaving any who care to mourn the 'morrow
So as I lie down and drift off to sleep
I reflect on my life and I begin to weep.
For all the things in my life that I have done,  
And all the battles that I have never won. 
For now I close my eyes and say goodnight.
And I pray that death have mercy on my weary soul tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment