Total Pageviews

Friday, November 8, 2013

A glimpse into my soul (the heart of my creativity)

As I walk alone through this crazy thing called life, I look left and right and all i see is hate and strife.
I am desperately searching looking for a sign of sanity, as I strive to make my way and be the best that I can be.
I am clinging desperately hanging by a tiny thread of hope. Struggling inside that somehow with this life I may cope.
For hard times have come overwhelmed with all I've done, at times shame and guilt rain down upon me, fiery like the sun.
But I cannot change the past I must learn to live with it, I must muster up my strength and climb out of this despairing pit.
I lurk among the shadows attempting to conceal my scars, I hide my emotions behind a mask on my heart I've placed bars.
I've locked myself away imprisoned within my own jail, trapped inside myself the real me grows weak and pale.
I struggle to survive, to maintain my sense of humanity. I release the human within and express myself through creativity.
Therein lies my talent, my ability to write poetry. Into which I pour emotion, the feelings I've buried deep within me.
For poetic words have a power, the ability to influence heart and soul. Perhaps one day it will set me free as through it my emotions unfurl.
But until the day I'm truly free and comfortable to be me, then I will continue to pour out my heart in my creativity.
So i make my way through life struggling to overcome any obstacle, and when haters knock me down I get back up and stand tall.
So when you see me smiling and strolling down the street, know that there's a part of me within that you may never meet.
I can't expect you to understand as I find it hard to fathom myself. But try to walk a mile in my shoes, try being a stranger to yourself.

I can't say why I do what I do or why I think and feel a certain way. My thoughts and feelings can change drastically on any given day.
So each day I perfect my mask getting better at faking a smile, at times so convincing I believe it myself if only for a little while.
Those days are my better days though I can't predict when they will come. So I strive to get by, praying for the warmth of the sun,
To break through the bars of my heart that out I may come. That the mask I wear and the person I am within may soon become one.
How I long for that day that I may again feel complete, and to that end i will constantly struggle, ill never admit defeat.
So with this glimpse into my soul I ask that you be patient with me, for someday I will be complete, free to be me, I'm not that bad you'll see
So with this outpouring of my heart I now feel drained of creativity, so for now I am weary in need of rest and must bid farewell to thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment